Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Pass me some earplugs . . .

The author would like to know WHY people think it is socially acceptable to sit at their desk and hawk up great gobs of phlegm from the back of their throat? I mean, really! It has to be one of the most repulsive habits there is.

I sit at my desk, day after day, listening to SeƱor Phlegm building up to his moment of glory.

First will be a couple of gentle coughs, testing the water so to speak. A few sniffs perhaps, to place said mucous in primary hawking position.

And then . . . . . urgh. A prolonged noise, like the sound of a blocked plughole trying to drain, which can last anything up to about 3 seconds. Doesn't sound much, but try counting it in your head and applying said sound effects to 3 seconds of time. It's an ETERNITY!

It's beginning to make me feel nauseous.

Oh God . . . here we go again . . .

4 comments:

bedshaped said...

Could be worse....
I take it he doesn't take it one step further and launch it somewhere. Perhaps he saves that for when he's driving.

Misty said...

Not yet he doesn't.

If he does try it anywhere near me, I will start practising my karate in his general vicinity . . .

Jennifer Watson said...

ew. ew. ew.

and i thought sitting opposite an old smelly torrets ridden man from Aberdeen was bad!!

Misty said...

Does Jon know you call him that?

BWAAAHAHAHAHA!




Sorry.