Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Right, this has gone far enough!

In my new, back to paper efforts, I am now eyeing up fountain pens for my Filofax. Two fountain pens. The cheaper one is a Waterman Harmonie in Cashmere Beige, at about £40, with a solid silver nib and silver accents. And a perfect match for the inner soft beige suede-y stuff in my Filofax.


The other one I have been lusting after is the Parker Sonnet in Verdigris, with an 18ct Gold, Rhodium Plated nib!! That's correct, a solid gold nib. If I got bored with the pen, I could melt its nib down for a nice pair of earrings perhaps? Multifunctional . . .

. . . and this retails at an approximate, cool £100. Much as I love its green shimmery inner glow (which would match the greeny outer cover of my Filofax), I cannot justify spending this much on a fountain pen. Even if I can get it for £50 off eBay. I have important things like Xbox 360's to save up for.

So I am sticking with the Harmonie, which I have seen for a titchy £25 off eBay. If I buy it, I will post pictures of it in all its creamy fabulousness.

Fountain pens seem to be remarkably popular still - there's a whole forum of users (sounds like a drug habit) over at the Fountain Pen Network!

Now I just have to decide what colour ink I want. Hmm - Black? Blue? Blue-black? Redgreenbrown, VIOLET! Sigh . . . too many decisions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...what have you decided???:) Fountain Pen Network is mind boggling! Good info though. Keep us posted on your decision!!!

Misty said...

Haven't quite decided yet Treet - and waiting for payday :-D

Although I did see a rather gorgeous Danitrio pen for about $14,000 the other day . . . ahem . . .

Anonymous said...

Oooh. I'm something of an ink fetishist, having rediscovered the joys of fountain pens. Currently using Imperial Blue from Diamine. I can recommend The Writing Desk online shop for all yer pen-related bits n bobs.

Misty said...

I'll have a look there, thanks! As for inks, I'll think I'll just have to get one of each colour :)