Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Choosing traditional over gadgetry . . .

In an attempt to try and become an organised grown up, I made a purchase today.

What could it be?

Smartphone?
PDA?
New laptop?

No . . . for a change (as I do love my gadgets), I have gone down the traditional route and bought . . .


. . . . a Filofax!


A very pretty Filofax, in sage green and with pretty patterns on.

I decided I wanted to go back to pen and paper basics - there is something inherently satisfying about writing information down, particularly in this day and age, when it is all about tapping on keyboards, or mobile phone keypads, or bashing small screens with stylii.

I have even come across a very interesting blog, chronicling the writer's relationship with his Filofax, called Philofaxy. Bring on the Filofax Revolution!

As of the current time, my new toy is looking rather empty. However, Philofaxy has a fantastic term for what I have been doing today - Planner Grazing. Going through it and trying to fill in as much as I can on its pristine white pages. However, it is looking a bit sad and blank at the moment but I am sure it will soon fill up. I did remember with great fondness today my mothers Filofax which was almost round in shape and used to literally burst forth, every time you opened it!


I have to admit, there were some leather ones that I liked. However, at up to six times the price, I thought I would test it for a year - if I am still using it voraciously this time next year, I might invest in one of the sexy leather ones.

However, that hasn't stopped me buying a few bits and pieces for it . . . tube map, pretty coloured paper, extra to-do lists, Jot Pads (the orange "salmon" thing you can see on the left hand side where you can jot notes and then stick 'em in where you want) and a financial tracker.

So yes, now I feel very grown-up and organised . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your beautiful blog! Love your pics and especially loving your new Filofax! A newbie to the Filofax world, so reading all I can to indulge my planner/paper passion!:) Thanks for sharing and your background is my fav color, which makes reading your blog an even more delightful experience!

Treet

Misty said...

Hello Treet - what a lovely comment!

It's terrible, this planner and paper obsession, isn't it? I am new to it as well - well, I had one about 10 years ago - and it goes everywhere with me!

Thanks for dropping by, and hope to see you pop up again soon!

Anonymous said...

hi there everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the velcros are about 170 dollars on every page. But finally I bring about this locate selling them for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what do you think?