Sunday, June 15, 2008

Slap me on the bum and call me a naughty girl

Well, what have I been up to over the last four months? Certainly not writing on here!

Lucy's wedding is now in four weeks - I am Maid of Honour, and have been rather busy helping out. Including:

  • Making tiara, and bridal jewellery
  • Making the wedding cake
  • Helping to organise the hen weekend (which is next week - aaaargh!)
  • Typing out 18 pages of Order of Service this morning - these Catholic services are huuuuuge!
  • Losing 3 stone since January to get into my bridesmaid dress. Yay - it fits!
  • Doing a reading in the church
  • . . . and all the other stuff - trying to help finding cars, going to dress fittings (aw, she looked so pretty!), helping to write out invitations and on the hunt for dresses for the little bridesmaids!

Yep - 3 stone lost. If any of you are trying to lose weight, I can heartily recommend a website - http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/. It is fantastic and yes - I have lost a wopping 42 pounds since January. Clothes shopping is overwhelming now, and I have a mental list of all the pretty boys that will be at the wedding . . .

I have just been promoted at work as well which I am quite happy about (well, extra dosh is always good) and even better than that, they are moving us this weekend to a different floor. That means I no longer have to sit next to my hoarder of a boss who has a desk you can't see under the crap he keeps on there, and for the first time in 7 years with the company, I have a window seat!

My flatmate is still bringing back men to sleep in her bed, but categorically "not to sleep with". One turned round and said that he fancied her, upon which she got all upset and stopped talking to him. I wonder what she expects . . .

I am off out now to go and buy a peace lily to put in my new window at work. He will be called George. If you are good, I will post a picture of George in his new home tomorrow . . .

1 comment:

bedshaped said...

Yes, a picture of George would be great.

Congrats on the weight loss! Looks like you've had your hands full over the last few months.