Monday, June 16, 2008

I have a view!

First day at my new desk today, after they relocated my entire team over the weekend to a different floor. It's so nice - for the first time in my seven years with the company, I have a window seat, that is not overlooked by anyone. No-one to peer at my screen to make sure I am doing what I should be doing . . . and I am not sitting next to my boss! From my desk I can see St Pancras International, the British Library and the Emirates Stadium.

I tried to buy a George. I saw two peace-lilies yesterday in my local flower shop, went to get some money out and went back to find that some selfish person had bought both of them!

So today at lunchtime I marched up to Marks & Spencer in Camden, only to find that they do not have them either. Instead, I bought a sweet calla lily in a white pot.

However, it doesn't look like a George - far too feminine, so I have named her Clarissa. And here she is against the frankly flattering blue backdrop of my desk.


And here she is enjoying the view from the other corner of my desk . . .

I'm not completely insane, I promise . . . .

1 comment:

bedshaped said...

Ah, yes. She looks happy there. Perhaps sometime in the future you could get a George to keep her company when you're not there.